Chris Lilly emerged on the barbecue scene in 1992 when he began working for the world famous Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q restaurant in Decatur, AL. He is now vice president and partner of Big Bob Gibson Bar-B-Q and one of America’s best-known barbecue pitmasters. Chef Lilly is also head chef of the award-winning Big Bob Gibson Cooking Team and the winner of 12 World BBQ Championships in meat categories, 4 Memphis in May Grand Championships and a Grand Championship at the American Royal Invitational. In addition to his work at the restaurant, Lilly also lends his expertise to Kingsford® Charcoal as a national spokesperson. Lilly has appeared on “Live with Regis and Kelly,” “The Today Show” and “ESPN Game Day” as well as numerous Food Network programs.
Accolades & Publications
- Memphis in May World Championship – Grand Champion (2000, 2003, 2011, 2014)
- National Barbecue Association – Book of the Year – Big Bob Gibson’s BBQ Book: Recipes and Secrets from a Legendary Barbecue Joint (2009)
- Jack Daniels World Championship Barbecue Contest – Reserve Grand Champion (2011)
- Big Bob Gibson’s BBQ Book: Recipes and Secrets from a Legendary Barbecue Joint (Clarkson Potter, 2009)
- Fire & Smoke: A Pitmaster’s Secrets (Clarkson Potter, 2014)