Rob Nelson, Chef/Owner of Tusk & Trotter American Brasserie, brings his creativity and food passion to the Bentonville, Arkansas food scene.
In 2007, Rob attended the Culinary School of the Rockies (now Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts) in Boulder, CO. Following Boulder, Rob studied in Avignon, France, located in the Provence region, and attended Le Marmiton Cooking School and Universite du Vin in Sousse la Rousse, France, where he studied under the Disciples d’Escoffier. While in Avignon, Rob worked at La Mirande, a Michelin 1-star restaurant.
In 2011, Rob opened Tusk and Trotter – a casual restaurant focused on High South cuisine. Much of the menu is sourced from local farmers and ranchers Rob has spent years collaborating with.
Rob is on the board of the Arkansas Restaurant Association and of the Auguste Escoffier School of Culinary Arts. He is also an Advisory Board member of Brightwater: A Center for the Study of Food, and is a founding member of the Bentonville Chef’s Alliance.
Accolades & Publications
- Southern Living – Best Restaurant in the South nomination (2017), Best Bacon Incident (2012), Best of the South (2012)
- Northwest Arkansas Business Journal – 40 Under 40 (2016)
- Arkansas Times – Best Chef Around the State Finalist (2014-2016)
- USA Today – Ozarks Original Food & Drinks”(2015)
- James Beard Foundation Bootcamp for Policy and Change – Alumni 5th camp (2014)