Celebrity Chef Kenny Gilbert returned home to the Jacksonville area with Gilbert’s Underground Kitchen, a neighborhood-driven Deep Southern American restaurant located in Fernandina Beach, FL.. He’s now adding a second restaurant to his portfolio with the opening of Gilbert’s Social in Jacksonville, FL, featuring seasonal and creative modern Southern fare with international influences.
With over 20 years of professional culinary experience, Kenny rose to fame in 2010 as one of the fan favorites on season seven of Bravo’s “Top Chef.” Since then, he has cooked for the likes of Oprah Winfrey, Gayle King, Stedman Graham, Samuel L. Jackson and A.J. Calloway, just to name a few. Kenny began his culinary career on Amelia Island (30 miles North of Jacksonville) with The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company and is excited to return – Gilbert’s Underground Kitchen is Kenny’s first solo venture with his wife/partner Anna.
Accolades & Publications
- Food Network’s “Beat Bobby Flay” – Winner (2016)
- Food Network’s “Chopped Jr” – Judge (2016)
- Food Network’s “Cutthroat Kitchen” – Winner (2015)
- FYI TV “Midnight Feast” – Winner (2014)
- A Chef’s Journal (Xlibris Corporation, 2011)
- Bravo’s “Top Chef: DC” – Contestant (Season 7, 2010)