Justin Amick is no stranger to the hospitality business. As a child, Justin watched his father grow the Peasant Restaurants Group to more than 42 locations nationally. After graduating from Tulane in 2004, Justin moved to New York City and worked all positions at Tom Collichio’s CRAFT Restaurant’s “Management Training Program” for three years. He then moved to Napa Valley, CA to work on the winemaking team for Trinchero Family Estates. Justin eventually relocated back to Atlanta, GA to join the family business, Concentrics Restaurants.
Today, Justin, is the Founder and President of Painted Hospitality, an Atlanta-based company that creates and operates entertainment driven concepts. Their first concept, The Painted Pin is an upscale boutique bar, bowling and entertainment venue. Their second concept, The Painted Duck is slated to open late Spring 2017 and will be a distinguished drinkery, duckpin bowling and gaming parlour located in the new Stockyards Atlanta development on the Westside.
Amick is an Advanced Sommelier and is currently studying for The Court of Master Sommelier’s intensive Master Sommelier Diploma Examination of which only 215 have passed, worldwide. Justin resides in Atlanta, GA with his wife, son and daughter.
Accolades & Publications
- The Court of Master Sommeliers – Advanced Sommelier (2011), Rudd Scholarship (2011)
- The Society of Wine Educators – Certified Wine Educator (CWE)
- Atlanta Magazine – Best of Atlanta Winner (2014, 2015)
- Bowlers Journal International – Best New Boutique Center (2015)
- Buckhead Business Association – Entrepreneur of The Year (2016)
- Business Insider – 50 Coolest New Businesses in America (2015)
- Creative Loafing – Best Bowling Alley Winner (2015, 2016)
- CNN – The New Wave of Vino Pros
- Food Network’s “Bobby Flay’s Throwdown” – Featured Judge
- HLN – Featured On-air Wine Expert
- Thrillist.com – Atlanta’s 10 Best New Bars of the Year (2015)
- Tripping.com – Best Bowling Alley in Georgia Winner (2016)
- Zagat – 10 Hottest Bars in Atlanta, 10 Sexiest Places in Atlanta (2015)