Steven Satterfield is Executive Chef and co-owner of Miller Union, author of James Beard Foundation nominated “Root to Leaf,” serves on the board of Slow Food Atlanta, started the Atlanta local network of Chefs Collaborative, and is an active member of Georgia Organics and the Southern Foodways Alliance. Satterfield was also nominated for Food & Wine magazine’s “People’s Best New Chef,” following Miller Union’s placement on the “Best New Restaurants in America” lists from Bon Appétit and Esquire, as well as Atlanta Magazine’s “Restaurant of the Year” in 2010. In 2016, Miller Union was named one of the best restaurants in America by Eater National. The James Beard Foundation first recognized Miller Union as a semifinalist for the national award of best new restaurant in 2010. In 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, he was a nominee for Best Chef: Southeast by the James Beard Foundation.
Accolades & Publications
- James Beard Foundation – Best Chef: Southeast nominee (2013 – 2016); Outstanding Wine Program semi-finalist (2015); Best New Restaurant semi-finalist (2010); Photography Book nominee (Root to Leaf: A Southern Chef Cooks Through the Seasons, 2016)
- Esquire – Best New Restaurants (2010)
- Bon Appétit – 10 Best New Restaurants in America (2010)
- Eater National – Best Restaurants in America (2016)
- Food & Wine – People’s Best New Chef (2010)