Justin Burdett, chef-owner of Local Provisions in Asheville, N.C., fuses local ingredients with unexpected flavors to create modern cuisine reflective of the area’s culinary history.
Burdett’s professional highlights include working under chef Hugh Acheson at 5&10, The Richmond Hill Inn, where he expanded the fine-cuisine tasting menu, and as executive chef at Asheville’s Nova. Burdett was part of Miller Union’s opening team and was chef de cuisine under chef Steven Satterfield for nearly three years. He was also executive chef at Ruka’s Table in Highlands, N.C..
Accolades & Publications
- Eater.com – 21 Best New Restaurants in America (2016)
- Southern Living – The Best New Restaurants in the South (2016)
- Plate – Top 30 Chefs to Watch (2014)
- StarChefs.com – Carolina Rising Star Award (2013)
- FOOD & WINE – Top Ten Chefs in the Southeast (2013, 2014)