Born in Corbin, Kentucky, Ronni Lundy has long chronicled the people of the hillbilly diaspora as a journalist and cookbook author. She is the former restaurant reviewer and music critic for The Courier-Journal in Louisville, former editor of Louisville Magazine, and has contributed to many national magazines. Her book Shuck Beans, Stack Cakes and Honest Fried Chicken was recognized by Gourmet magazine as one of six essential books on Southern cooking. In 2009, Lundy received the Southern Foodways Alliance Craig Claiborne Lifetime Achievement Award. She has contributed to Eating Well, Gourmet, Bon Appétit, Esquire and other magazines.
Accolades and Publications
- Victuals: An Appalachian Journey, with Recipes (Clarkson Potter, 2016), Epicurious.com – Best Cookbooks of 2016
- Sorghum’s Savor (University Press of Florida, 2015)
- Southern Foodways Alliance – Craig Claiborne Lifetime Achievement Award (2009)
- In Praise of Tomatoes: Tasty Recipes, Garden Secrets, Legends & Lore (Lark Books, 2006)
- Shuck Beans, Stack Cakes, and Honest Fried Chicken: The Heart and Soul of Southern Country Kitchens (Atlantic Monthly Press , 1994)