FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival?
Since 2011, the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival has been shining an international spotlight on the incomparable food, wine, beer and spirits of the South. In 2020, we have felt the unimaginable impact that COVID-19 has had on the restaurant and hospitality industry, especially in our own backyard. The safety of our attendees and participants remains our number one priority, so we have reimagined new and safe ways to bring you the AF&WF that we all know and love. Coming September 10th through September 19th , we are offering the below intimate in-person and at home experiences:
SEPTEMBER 10TH-13TH Intimate Brunches, Lunches & Dinners – It’s official…we’ve shifted gears to support our restaurant community in a brand-new way! To celebrate all the love and support we’ve received these past 10 years, we’re excited to announce the launch of this year’s Atlanta Food & Wine Festival re-imagined! Dive into a sea of gastronomic southern delights from some of Atlanta’s top restaurants as we invite you to a series of intimate, multi-course dinners, brunches, and lunches hosted by top chefs themselves! In order to offer the safest environment to our attendees, we are offering a limited number of spots per event.
SEPTEMBER 10th -19th AF&WF at Home Edition presented by Publix – Can’t attend in person? No worries! As part of this year’s new concept, we’ve partnered with Publix to bring you a series of virtual cooking seminars via ZOOM and Instagram LIVE during our AF&WF at Home Edition presented by Publix! Hosted by some of our most beloved, award winning chefs from Texas to Washington D.C., register today to follow-along and indulge at home!
Though things might feel a little different this year, we thank you for your continued support these past 10 years and can’t wait to be seated together again!
WHAT COVID-19 PROCEDURES IS AF&WF TAKING FOR INTIMATE IN PERSON EVENTS?
The health & wellbeing of our guests and employees is our top priority. All venues will be following and practicing CDC guidelines to ensure the safety of our guests.
- Reservations will be split by parties
- Each event has a limited capacity
- All tables will be a minimum of 6 feet apart
- Guests will be required to wear masks upon entering but is up to the guest if they want to wear the mask while at the table.
- We are using single-use menus; feel free to take it home with you as a keepsake 🙂
- Social distancing at check-in
- All surfaces will be sanitized regularly and employees are required to frequently wash their hands
- All employees will complete a daily health check before starting their shift, and will go home immediately if they experience any symptoms
- All employees will be wearing a face mask
- We ask that any guests who feel unwell or have recently been in close contact with a person with COVID-19 to stay home
All AF&WF at Home Edition presented by Publix series will be taking place virtually through ZOOM.
LOOKING FOR THE ULTIMATE STAYCATION?
For those looking for the ultimate staycation, The Hotel Clermont is offering a special rate for festival attendees from Thursday, September 10th-Sunday, September 13th: Use code “FWF20” here for $179 Nightly Rate (Napoleon King Room)
TICKETS AND EVENTS
DOES THE FESTIVAL BENEFIT ANY NONPROFIT ORGANIZATIONS?
The goal of this year’s reimagined experiences is to support the affected hospitality community that was hit hard from COVID-19. Proceeds from the Intimate in person Events and At Home Edition presented by Publix will go directly to the restaurant or chef that is hosting the event.
HOW DO I RECEIVE MY TICKETS?
Each guest will receive a confirmation email with the electronic ticket from our ticketing platform, Squad Up.
- Intimate in person Events: Guests will check in directly at the restaurant using their last name.
- AF&WF At Home Edition presented by Publix: Each ticket purchaser will be emailed a zoom link along with the recipe, ingredients and equipment list. Please ensure you have Zoom downloaded beforehand.
ARE TICKETS REFUNDABLE? CAN I SWITCH TICKETS FOR ANOTHER EVENT?
ARE CHILDREN ALLOWED AT EVENTS?
No one under the age of 21, including children in strollers or carriers, will be admitted to the in person intimate Events.
IS THERE A DRESS CODE FOR THE EVENT?
There is no enforced dress code; however, we do ask you to dress in keeping with the nature of the event venue. Please check the weather and dress appropriately as some intimate in person events may be outdoors.
WHAT DO I DO IF I’VE HAD TOO MUCH TO DRINK?
Please be responsible. There are a number of transportation options if your ability to drive is impaired.
- Safe Ride America (404) 888‐0887 *Safe Ride America is a nonprofit organization and will provide transportation for free if necessary.
- UBER Atlanta provides on-demand sedan or SUV service. Download the
- UBER app to your iPhone or Android smart phone at www.uber.com or text an address and city to UBR-CAB (827-222)
- Buckhead Safety Cab (404) 875-3777
- Checker Atlanta (404) 351-1111
- Yellow Cab (678) 613-9809
HOW CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT BECOMING A SPONSOR?
Please reach out to Darrin Cohen at email@example.com
HOW CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT BECOMING A PARTICIPATING CHEF?
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
CAN PRESS ATTEND EVENTS?
Due to COVID-19 safety procedures we are limiting the amount of press at each intimate event. If interested, please reach out to email@example.com
Please send all other questions and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org